Nuts Over Olives Goat Cheese Log
1 10 oz goat cheese log, refrigerated
2 cups BobbySue's Nuts Over Olives, crushed
1 baguette, sliced (optional)
Refrigerate the goat cheese log until it is firm
Spread crushed Nuts Over Olives on wax or parchment paper and remove goat cheese log from refrigerator
Holding from the sides, roll the goat cheese log over the nut and olive mixture until all sides are generously coated
Wrap the log tightly in plastic wrap and place back in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve
Serve spread on a warm baguette (optional)
Bobbysue’s Nuts & Cheese Plate
1 cup BobbySue's Nuts, Nuts Over Olives
1 cup BobbySue's Nuts, Original
1 cup BobbySue's Nuts, Some Like It Hot
1 cup BobbySue's Nuts, It's Raining Chocolate
A selection of your favorite cheeses, fruit, charcuterie, etc.
Separately place a serving of each nut variety on a large serving plate
Add cheeses such as Brie, mild white cheddar, sheep's milk or blue next to each nut
Add fresh or dried fruit like sliced figs, pears, apples and apricots
Other great additions to the cheese plate include olives, charcuterie or dark chocolate squares
Nuts Over Olives Radicchio Salad
4 cups radicchio, roughly chopped
1/2 cup cannellini beans, dried and drained
3/4 cup BobbySue's Nuts Over Olives
1 Gala apple, sliced
champagne vinaigrette, to taste
3 tbsp scallions, chopped
2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
sea salt and black pepper, to taste
In a large bowl, toss radicchio, beans, Nuts Over Olives and apple slices
Drizzle vinaigrette over the mixture
Add scallions, parsley, salt and pepper and lightly toss to finish
Crusted Chicken Tenders,
& Spicy Maple Syrup
Crusted Chicken Tenders Ingredients
1-1/4 cups “Original” BobbySue's Nuts
1-1/4 cups panko bread crumbs
2-1/4 tsp salt, divided
1/2 tbsp fresh ground black pepper
Heaping 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp garlic powder
2 lbs chicken tenderloins
2 eggs 1/4 cup Frank’s RedHot sauce
1/2 cup all purpose flour
Vegetable oil, for cooking
Buttermilk Waffles Ingredients
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tbsp granulated sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 3/4 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
2 eggs 2 tsp vanilla extract
Spicy Maple Syrup Ingredients
2 cups pure maple syrup
1 cup “Some Like it Hot” BobbySue's Nuts, crushed
Mix ingredients together in a medium bowl
To Prepare Chicken Tenders
- Place the nuts in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely chopped (go easy – you don’t want a paste). Add the panko, 1-1/4 tsp salt, sugar, garlic powder and cayenne pepper and pulse a few more times to combine. The panko should be broken down slightly but not finely ground.
- Set up three large shallow dishes in an assembly line. Place the flour in the first dish; beat the eggs and add the Frank’s RedHot in the second dish; and place the pecan/panko mixture in the third dish. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil to hold the breaded tenders, and place at the end of the assembly line.
- Season the chicken tenders with the remaining tsp salt and black pepper. Working with one tender at a time: dredge first in the flour, shaking off any excess, dip in the egg to coat evenly, and then dredge in the pecan/panko mixture, pressing down to make the coating adhere. Place the breaded tender on the prepared baking sheet and repeat with remaining tenders.
- Heat about 1/8-inch of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. While the oil heats up, line another baking sheet with paper towels (this is for the finished tenders — the paper towels will absorb any excess oil).
- When the oil starts to shimmer, add half of the chicken tenders and cook for a few minutes on the first side until golden brown. Using tongs, flip the tenders and cook until the second side is also golden, 1-2 minutes, adjust the heat as necessary so the tenders don’t burn. Transfer the cooked tenders to the prepared baking sheet. Discard the oil, wipe the skillet clean with a paper towel, and then repeat with the remaining tenders
To Prepare Waffles
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, butter, eggs and vanilla extract. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently whisk to combine. Do not overmix!
- Spray a waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray, then preheat. Once the waffle maker is ready, add the batter according to the manufacturer’s instructions and cook for 2-3
Burrata and Frisee Salad
4 heads of frisee, dark green edges cut off, root removed, washed and dried thoroughly
1 head of radicchio, sliced thin
2 cups of baby arugula
1 green apple, sliced into matchstick size pieces
1 1lb ball of burrata mozzarella cheese, whisked together with 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 cup croutons
1 cup “Original” BobbySue's Nuts, crumbled Rendered pancetta pieces
1/2 lb pancetta cut into ¼ inch pieces
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
4 tbsp sherry wine vinegar
Day old bread or Italian bread in bite size pieces
4 tbsp olive oil Crushed garlic Salt, pepper, and your favorite herb
To Prepare Salad
Cover the bottom of a bowl or serving platter with the smoothed out burrata cheese mixture. Toss the salad in a bowl with half of the dressing and remaining ingredients, reserving a small amount of the crushed bobbysue’s nuts!, croutons, pancetta, and apples. You can dress the salad to your liking with the extra dressing, or serve it on the side and allow your guest to add as they please.
Neatly pile the mixed salad on top of the burrata, and garnish with remaining ingredients, serve immediately.
To Prepare Dressing
Place the pancetta in a skillet over low heat with olive oil. Slowly render the fat out of the pancetta resulting in golden brown and crispy pancetta pieces. Remove pancetta with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel. Allow pancetta fat to slightly cool.
In a separate bowl whisk together Dijon mustard, honey, sherry vinegar with salt and pepper. While whisking, slowly drizzle in the cooled pancetta fat. Season with additional salt and pepper.
To Prepare Croutons
Toss the bread in a bowl with the olive oil, crushed garlic, salt, pepper, and your favorite herb (I like flat leaf parsley). Bake on a sheet pan at 350 degrees until golden brown, approximately 10-15 minutes. Allow to cool before adding into salad.
1/3 cup minced shallots (about 2 large)
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp sherry wine vinegar
2 tsp grated lemon peel
1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 pound slender asparagus (white and green), tough ends trimmed
1 cup “Original” BobbySue's Nuts (chopped)
1lb fresh burrata cheese (whipped)
3 tbsp chopped fresh chives
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (about 1 1/2 ounces)
- Whisk first 5 ingredients in small bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in oil. Season vinaigrette to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and chill (can be prepared 1 day ahead). Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes and re-whisk before using.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place asparagus spears on rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle 1/4 cup vinaigrette over and turn to coat, then spread in single layer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast asparagus until just crisp-tender, about 12 minutes.
- Combine chives, and asparagus in large bowl. Add remaining vinaigrette and toss to coat. Spread even layer of the whipped burrata cheese on the plate. Transfer salad to platter, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and cheese. Serve warm or at room temperature.